Along with our preschool activities we welcome you
to join us for Worship and Christian
Education at Ascension Lutheran Church:
Thursday evening worship 6:30
Sunday morning worship 8:00 or 10:30
During the school year we offer
Sunday School 9:15
Sunday morning adult Bible Class 9:15
Story: On the Road at Easter – Two disciples were overjoyed to tell others that they had seen Jesus alive!
Activities: Taking a walk to Emmaus, Footprints on a path tell the story
Prayer: Echo Prayer
Songs: Let Us Sing for Joy, Go Tell!
Chapel: Pastor Semrow got us thinking about how Jesus is like a doctor only much better. Doctor’s help to heal our illnesses and injuries. Jesus does much more than that; he heals our sin! He takes it all away so we never have to be punished for it. We are free through Jesus!
Bug Creations: Using construction paper and other materials create a bug. Try to remember all the body parts we talked about and make as many as you can.
Colored Egg Shells: After coloring egg shells with food coloring and rubbing alcohol last week there wasn’t a lot of interest in using them for art at first. This week however, several children have created some pretty neat designs.
Work projects are children's play projects that they choose during Work Time. Children's play is their work.
· Dollhouse: the family made lots of food and ate it, they went to bed, got up in the morning and
· Block Area: building and underground house big enough to hold four preschoolers and pretending to live there; marble track – one child said “this is the best marble track ever”; a library at a school with a playground on the inside; a jail where, again, four preschoolers can fit inside; the girls dominated the block area for a good part of the week – that is a rare occurrence – GO GIRLS!
· Writing Area: sorting the food magnets in to the five nutrition categories; writing cards for family or friends; drawing on the white boards; puzzles – especially Winnie the Pooh;
· House Area: playing grocery store or bank with the cash register; pretending to be Viking by dressing up in the purple jersey; making food to feed the babies; playing dress-up without ALL the pretty dresses – they had to be repaired
· Math & Science Area: building a home for the little bears with the babies down below and the mommies & daddies up on top to protect them from the spiders; the spiders were camped out nearby perching on top of trees (blocks sitting vertically); Magna Tiles; stringing many rows of monkeys down the back sides of chairs; we were introduced to a math balance – the weights must be placed on equal values on each side to make it balance
· Art Area: Creating birds like the ones in our pictures by the playground door
· Large Motor: trampoline, balance beam, bean bag tossing
· Sensory Table: MOON SAND/Kinetic Sand with insects and spiders
Letter of the Week -
None this week