Along with our preschool activities we welcome you
to join us for Worship and Christian
Education at Ascension Lutheran Church:
Thursday evening worship 6:30
Sunday morning worship 8:00 or 9:30
Story: Paul is Changed – Paul was a man who went from hating Jesus and hurting his followers, to loving Jesus and proclaiming His message of love and forgiveness. Two ingredients went into this change: God’s Word and baptism. These two ingredients created faith in Paul’s heart through the work of the Holy Spirit. Those two ingredients also create and nurture faith in our hearts.
Activities: Zippy, our Bible story helper puppet, visited one last time before preschool ends.
We had a mini science lesson about how ingredients (baking soda & vinegar) change, just like our hearts can change when the right ingredients are used.
Songs: Love in A Box, many preschool favorites that we have sung over the course of the year
Scripture: Create in me a clean heart O God.
AM: Finishing up what we started
Father’s Day Gift: It’s a surprise!
Picture Frame: We have taken class pictures in front of the mural and ALL children have permission to be in the picture. YAY! Thank you, parents! We can’t wait to show you our cute picture frames with our cute pictures in themðŸ˜Š
Finger painting: Our last art activity for the year
Free Art: Use any art materials you can find to create something amazing
Work projects are children's play projects that they choose during Work Time. Children's play is their work.
· Art Area: STILL creating with tape, tubes, bottle caps, paper, paper punches, string, yarn, cupcake papers, coffee filters – the kids have been so creative with this – try it at home with your recyclables and paper products and tape
· Block Area: building castles for the princesses, the princesses decided to become construction workers and they decided to install new toilets in their bathroom; constructing and fixing with the play tools; building pens for the farm animals; marble track; making roads for the cars using blocks; building stadiums;
· Writing Area: writing on the white boards; sorting the foods on the magnetic nutrition board; drawing, tracing, coloring and cutting out certain objects/props for play;
· House Area: dressing the babies and cooking food, taking the babies for walks in the new buggy; pretending to be spies and trying to figure out all the things happening in our classroom
· Math & Science Area: Magna Tiles, spiders, teddy bear counters
· Large Motor: Golf – using our kid sized golf set; Tennis – fly swatters and balloons (can also be golf or hockey depending on how it’s played)
· Listening Center: books – The Surprise Garden, I Know A Rhino! Night Rabbits
· Sensory Table: Water and many items to explore sinking and floating